Thursday 21 March 2013

Making a start

As i still feel pretty much behind on my drawing and visual research side i still felt it best that i made a start on designing so i started with my scarves. I showed a few to my tutors but as i did them quite quick and not really thinking about structure or design most of them were not good enough but one of my designs was really different and interesting so we used this as a starting point to move on and develop more designs. I decided to have 6 in my final collection, two in the style of my first design and 2 in a growing organic twisting spiral like design and 2 with my beautiful detailed images of bugs and insects with a different structure as the other four.

This was my first successful design, so i will be designing a 'friend' to go along with this design.

A few of my other designs i have been working on and showing different colour ways.
I love the style of this design with it feeling like its growing and flowing through the scarf, i also love the colours and will be keeping this style and colour for my second design to go along side this

Playing about with design structure, border ideas and colour ways

A second design to be a friend of my growing organic scarf design but the colours would need changing in order to be a friend with my other design as they don't match at the moment.

With spending a whole day designing and still feeling like they could be better and they are not showing off my drawing and designing skills as much as id like i headed to the library for some inspiration




No comments:

Post a Comment