Thursday 21 March 2013

Inspiration

As i started researching scarves to inspire me and look at their colours and design structure i didn't realise just how many scarves where square - nearly every designer scarf was square which i didn't really liked as i don't like how they hang on the body, i much prefered the long scarf as i love how it can be worn so differently and draped around the neck - so i was very glad i went with this shape and size for my designs.
I loved the look of flowing silk digitally printed scarves i just think there beautiful!
    
Looking at different styles and borders, colours and filters used on scarves. Looking at liberties, selfirdges, hermes all the top end of the market stores and designer scarves. Seeing what is out there and their quality and price range is really important to know where my designs fit into the market.
I also found a website which holds design competitions reagually for designers or artists to design scarves which they will go on to sell, they had a huge archive of past entry's that you can look through, it was really great to see all the different styles, shapes and designs and colours used by different artists and designers. helped me realise how i wasn't pushing my designs enough. Heres just a few of some entries


I have been looking at different ways and ideas on how to display my scarves for my final show.



I like them on the mannequin and hung, however it does not show off the design of the scarf so i would like mine to be displayed full length on the wall, flowing down to show my surface design and pattern off :)


I love how these have been displayed and would be a great idea for me if i produced enough, however i don't think it will work with just  but you never know :) worth a try!



No comments:

Post a Comment