Friday 26 April 2013

Busy Bee

Hello, sorry i have not blogged in a while i have been so busy preparing for my final products and show and getting them all printed through the mimaki printer. I also had a disaster with my fabric as they sent me the wrong fabric first time around and when i tried to order the right fabric they had sold out so i had to look elsewhere and wait even longer for my dress to be printed :(

Printing my scarves


One of my collections of scarves being printed onto Velvet - 210x42cm
  
Ready to steam
This is what colour the fabric goes after steaming - but don't worry it washes out :)
Another collection of scarves printed on Silk Twill 210x42cm

On my final scarves being printed because it was on the 8meter long lay we knew we couldn't print something so long without something going wrong - and here is what happened! the yellow head just completely blocked and stopped printing which was so obvious on my scarves so i had to re print three of my scarves.

Printing my dress was really hard as i made a 8meter lay with my final dress on and 3 scarves and a few images to bondiner on samples, however the document size just kept crashing the computer linked to the Mimaki so i had to create a new lay at 180dpi which made the file size a lot smaller.

Watching making sure nothing goes wrong.
We had to cut my 8 meter lay into two to put it onto backing cloths to steam. 
Pinning to backing cloth to steam

Today i have spent the day making the bottom half of my dress. I am so pleased with it so far as it hasn't shrunk, they are all the correct sizes which means i created them right in illustrator and all my bugs which go through a seam all match up so i am SO happy!

Back of Dress ( Not hemmed yet)
Front of dress

Heres a few images of 5 of my final scarves, i've only just received them back as i got someone else to hem them whilst i was making my dress just to save me time but i was that excited i took a few quick images to upload to my blog but i will take some better images in a few days :) I'm really pleased with them

 







No comments:

Post a Comment