Monday 8 April 2013

Pattern For Dress

This week i have spent a lot of time trying to make my pattern pieces in illustrator so they are the correct size. So then i could place my pattern into the pattern pieces ready to print and make :) 

Here is one of my designs for my dress which i like but i do plan to do a second design if i have time just to compare and develop however i am running out of time! This is the dress it will be like.. 


I wanted to have a border around the bottom and my pattern working up and the top being plain.. so this is what i have produced so far 
These are the pattern pieces to create the top
This is the front of the dress, as you can see I've shown the centre front and the two side panels
As i didn't want all my bugs to be the same size or similar i had to spread a bug across too panels which was difficult to piece together in photoshop as i had to match them up correctly whilst thinking about seam allowance, and shrinkage for the fabric once printed. Here is a screen shot of how i did it..

As you can see this one was not matching but you can get the idea of how difficult it was and how long it took me haha
Got there in the end after about 10 attempts :)


And this is the back of my dress design i love that there is so much going on and little details that you cant quite make out but once you look further you can see little insects and winding flowers.

Please let me know what you think :)




No comments:

Post a Comment