Friday 8 February 2013

Work So Far...

As i have been on a few study visits and not got fully back into my routine of visual referencing and drawing i really need to start to produce some of my own drawings and designs, i have only three more study visits to do, aswell as blogging and researching and my other module its very hard to fit in time to do my work which is driving me mad :) aswell as having a demanding job and a boyfriend im finding it very hard at the moment.. but NO excuses... i need to crack on!! Its what i enjoy doing most but there always seems to be a reason stopping me these past few weeks.. anyway.. here is what i have achieved so far..

My initial ideas where to develop more of my last semester work with a twist to take my work further so these are a few of my organic forms and bug flowers

I wanted to experiment with fabric techniques using flock and devore on my printed fabrics and also laser cutting into fabrics and most particularly leather as i think it will develop my designs further and give it a more contemporary style so these are the start of my insects which will be put onto screen and also drawn around in illustrator so i can then take through to laser cutting. I did some in fine detail and others just silhouettes to give me different outcomes.

This page i am developing my organic forms and exotic flowers and showing where my inspiration and ideas have come from by an illustrator called Ernst Heackle.

As i have decided my main focus is on printed textiles i wanted to create a few backgrounds and textures for my fabric using details of insects skin and wings. This was just a quick experiment to see what marks and textures i can get with different media and techniques. I also used foil in the top right hand corner which gives a nice shiny effect.

Here i am developing more bugs and insect shapes to work with for my final designs, i have started to just look at parts of bugs/insects bodies as to give me different patterns and shapes to take away the feeling that it may be a bug or insect. I started here by just two heads but i will develop this further drawing and looking at different body parts.

I know where i am going with my ideas and what i want to produce i just need to start cracking on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment